Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

blogging about...

I have always admired bloggers that share real aspects of life. I guess I feel a connection with them because I can relate to them personally. Here is the real life version of our house right now. Trent just took down a show and we haven't gotten around to putting the paintings in the art shed yet. There are stacks of library books that are probably over due. (I think our family's over due fees provide the majority of the library's revenue. Seriously, almost every time we go we pay $10 in fees!) My craft table is drowning under a pile of baby girl clothes I've accumulated in the last 5 months. ( I can't believe I have three weeks left!) What you don't see pictured is; the huge beyond huge pile of kids clothes that my kids either don't fit or don't wear, that I am donating to the local DI, a cluttered kitchen, a homeschooling desk covered in papers and books, and toys littering almost every room! :)  Real life for us is often messy, cluttered, and disorganized but it is also filled with art, dancing, friendship, learning, music and, LOVE!

Post a Comment

3 Comments

Mandi Johnson said…
Yes, it's refreshing to see real life every once in a while! I can especially relate on the library situation. I had a friend working at the library last summer erase all of my fees! They were outrageous. The summer before, I remember checking out and having the lady tell me I had $5 in fines. (I'm like, oooh, only $5? Awesome!) And to my utter amazement, the lady checking out next to me said, "I just will never understand why SOME PEOPLE let their library books become overdue! I tell my kids, just write it on the calendar, and that's that. You take them back when they're due. What's the big deal?" She kept going on, I grabbed my books and ducked out of there with blushing cheeks. After that I was scared to show my face again! Some people need to lighten up and join the real world. ;)
Lorajean said…
Mandi I love you for sharing your library experience! :) That lady totally needed to relax! Love your style by the way! ;)
Aubrey Leong said…
I am exactly the same way with the library!! Sadly my last bill was $17!! Ouch...but I don't feel too bad because I consider it my donation to the library!! My sister in law pointed me to your blog. I live in Logan and am too homeschooling my kids so she wanted to know if we knew each other. Just thought I would pop over and say HI!!