Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

Happy Anniversary

Today is our 9th anniversary and I wanted to share some old school photos of us as brand spanking newlyweds! Trent looks so young with out a beard. I definitely prefer the beard, I think it makes him look like a mountaineer/lumberjack/pirate/artist/hottie. ;) I can't believe its 9 years today. I am so blessed to have such a loving husband. I really believe there is no one in the world better for me! Here is the quick version of our love story. I was 19 when we met and I invited Trent to join the church choir. We had mutual friends, therefore making it easy to run into each other often. We started hanging out a lot with friends then after two months we noticed our friends asking us where we've been. We thought "What? We've been hanging out with you all this whole time." To our surprise we realized we had really been exclusively hanging out with only each other for a month and a half. (Mostly at the bookstore.) We realized quickly after that that we couldn't keep away from each other for more than a day at a time and then soon came to the conclusion that we could and should never be apart again period. The main turning point was one night when I was day dreaming about kissing him (we hadn't actually kissed yet). I was thinking about my physical weaknesses and how unnecessary broken hearts and devastation can come from having a serious physical relationship before establishing a healthy committed emotional and spiritual relationship. I proceeded to tell Trent that I wanted him to kiss me, but only if I was the only one he would ever kiss again. I knew I was asking a lot but I felt strongly about it. He thought about my request and then kissed me one week later. :) And boy am I glad he did!! He did propose with a ring a week later, but that kiss will always be the "real proposal" to us. In some ways it feels like we have always been together, like we've known each other forever, and yet sometimes it feels like we're still those goofy teenagers who hung out at the bookstore. Thanks for the most incredible 9 years of my life honey! Here's to all the amazing years that are sure to come! I Love you!

P.S. I had a Dr.'s appointment this morning and baby is still breech. The Dr. scheduled a "turning" Thursday March 1st. If she cooperates we will immediately induce labor while she is still head down. If she doesn't turn we will wait a week to see if she turns on her own and hopefully avoid a c-section.

Post a Comment

3 Comments

Joyce said…
It is obvious to everyone who knows you that you are absolutely made for each other! I was wonderful to hear about the beginnings of your love story.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you look forward to your new baby!
Love you both!perainm
Unknown said…
I can't believe it's been nine years already! I'm a terrible friend for forgetting, but I hope you know already how much I love you both. I am so happy you found each other!
Delia said…
Awww...Happy Anniversary. What a sweet story. Sorry to hear that she's breech! I hope she'll turn on her own for your sake. Ouch.